Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Typical Newborn-Mom Day



Embrace yourself for a quite long introduction...

Why? I had to, because I thought you need to know how I ended up on my recent daily routine. Please bear with me, hehe Here goes...

My husband and I used to work at home and when I was not yet pregnant, we either used to go out all day to inspect construction sites and have meetings with clients, architects and consultants. Or. We used to wake up, buy our breakfast, sometimes skip it, face our laptops not bothering each other until our seats gets hot or until the tummies growl that it's lunch time. I dont usually cook so we eat outside on our kitchen extension aka Chowking, good thing KFC opened up! :D Go home, work again, eat our dinner out. Or. Stay on our extended office aka Starbucks, Market Market or Coffee Bean, Serendra.  Go home and try to work again until were worn out and sleep at around one in the morning... again and again... and again... We were so workaholics that our lifestyle worn us out too we decided to have a babe. :)

When I was pregnant, I eat and sleep and sometimes when I'm on it, I still design and squeeze blogging. But most of the time, I'm in bed sleeping... dreaming... dozing off...  I just push myself to get up just to eat or pee or meet the doctors; OB-Gyne, Cardiologist, Hematologist.


Now?
The babe is out and we are still in transition.
Keeping a newborn is hard to master! My 'daily routine' is erratic! Like in Algebra, it will never be constant again but an integer, an unknown value of x. How to take care of new-born baby? First week, we were sleepless. Second week, hubby returned to work and I'm still, I mean were still sleep deprived! Third week, I'm getting the hang of it without sleep.

Babe now is 5kgs and more than two feet long...
He just turned two months last 26 and all I do all day is to breastfeed, burp, change diaper while squeezing blog and precious sleep. Yes, now I have new love for sleep!!! Mind you, i need to feed him every two hours for twenty-four hours! Do the math!!!




Here's the mixed summary of my 24hours:

I woke up and check my babe.
Check his diaper from time to time.
Give him a bath, his vitamins.
Feed him again, lull him to sleep.
he wants to be cuddled than stay on his crib.. so dancing him to sleep is one of my 5minute workout!
(Squeeze blogging, cleaning, errands here. Actually, whenever he's asleep I do all the necessary things I could possibly do, before he cry for milk or wet diaper)
Some play time. Feed. Change diaper. Sleep. Tummy time.
Again and again and again. :)

Nope. Not complaining but did you get my current daily routine? I'm still sleepless but I always remind myself that
(When you're a mom, there's no log-out, no pause, no stop, no day-off, no salary and most of all you can't resign, because being a mom is a great profession and a life long contract)

and hey! newborn grow fast, in no time, precious sleep would be mine! LOL And honestly,
I wanna enjoy him being delicate, cute and small.
Change is inevitable, but instead of looking back in the past, I wanna embrace the future slowly.For now, I just want to take our time. Cherishing every moment. <3 <3 <3

P.S. Curious about BC Blogger? Click the BC Bloggers tab!

No comments:

Post a Comment