This October 17, Homeschool Association of the Philippine Islands (HAPI), Manila Workshops and The Learning Basket bring you the largest homeschooling conference this year- "The Philippine Homeschool Conference 2015: Ready for the World!"
As a precursor to the "Global Home Education Conference" (GHEC) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in March 2016, two well-respected homeschool advocates and speakers from the United States will be gracing the event as keynote speakers: Michael Donelly, Director for the Global Outreach of the Homeschool Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) and Secretary of GHEC 2016, and Rachael Carman, mother of seven and best-selling author and publisher of popular homeschool science curriculum Apologia. Rachael's husband, Davis, the President of Apologia, will be speaking as well.
Sought-after speaker and homeschooling advocate Edric Mendoza, host of On Th Money and homeschooling dad of five will also be speaking. Chinkee Tan, motivational speaker and wealth coach, will be speaking as well.
Homeschoolers and those exploring this educational option will be inspired, informed and empowered in this biggest homeschooling event. Definitely bigger than the past years' homeschool conferences, "Ready for the World!" will be held at THREE venues at SM Aura Premiere. KEynote talks will be held at the Samsung Hall, while smaller workshops and the much awaited homeschool expo will be at the SMX Convention Center.
All Access Pass (pass to go in and out of all three venues, including the exposition venue) valued at Php1000/pax for the early bird rate until October 4.
Open-to-Public Expo (Huge expo of various learning providers, educational tools, toys, books and more) valued at Php50/pax.
Arts & Crafts Workshops for Kids and Kids at Heart
While parents and guardians (who will homeschool kids) will be at the homeschool conference, the kids will have their own learning moments at any of the following activities.
- Class Rate is Php500/pax/workshop
- Only 25 students/worshop
- String Art by DMC (9am to 11am) - kids will hammer away to create different colorful figures, abstract or representational, using just wood, nails and vatios threads. For ages 13 and up.
- Mandala by DMC (9am to 11am) -learn how to create beautiful hanging ornaments by mixing patterns and colors with just your thread. For ages 13 and up.
- Cross Stitch by DMC (1230am to 230pm) - kids will love making their own dream catchers with hoop, thread and eye-catching decors arranged in a web. For ages 13 and up.
- Basic calligraphy by Little Ms Printer Marj Liwag (Morning 10am to 12am/Afternoon 245pm to 445pm) - let your kids learn to write in beautiful calligraphy. For ages 13 and up.
Stay tuned for more details about the biggest homeschooling conference in the Philippines to date!