Ber months especially December means road trip to the family and as a mom, it is my duty to make sure that our immune system will not vacate their post and instead do double time when we are out and about, being more susceptible, vulnerable to illness. Here are my 5 tips to boost immunity for travel.
1) Sunshine - I embrace the rays of sun even behind the wheels. I skip the umbrella in the early hours of the morning and soaked into its Vitamin D goodness. Of course, before we're at it, I pass on the bottle of sunscreen with at least an SPF 50.
Amazing Health Benefits of Sunshines
- Enhances immune system
- Boost growth in children
- Heals skin disorders like acne and eczema
- Improves sleep quality
- Counteract depression
- Kicks in brain power
- Stronger healthy bones
- Lowers blood pressure
2) Water - we never leave the house without water. You see, when you bottle feed, you never leave the house without the bottle, the milk and the hot water. But for exclusive breastfeeders like myself, my number 1 rule is never leave without the water. I feel like the dried El Nino-fied rice field the moment the baby's lips touched my breast! Well, actually there are 3 kinds of water bottle that we carry along our road trip. One, as mentioned earlier is safe drinking water like Wilkins.
Two, water for our truck. Aside from making sure that the truck has water, we carry a huge bottle of water just in case. You don't want to ruin the trip because of overheating, right? And lastly, an empty bottle of water for toddler's nature call 1 aka pee most especially when we are in the midst of traffic. One way to put it is that its recycling and training to use the loo while cutting cost on diapers. Win. Win. Win.
Amazing Health Benefits of Water
- Oxygenates blood
- Flushes toxins
- Keeps eyes and mouth moisturized and clean
- Helps in digesting food
- Lubricates joints
- Reduce depression
- Keeps insomnia away
TIP: If you want to have cool refreshing water, place 2/3rds full of water bottle in the freezer until you're ready to go. You can let it sit until it becomes water again, or add water for instant cold drink.
3) Packed Meals - what else to do to pass traffic aside from browsing the net and posting your sentiment online? Eat. Of course, I anticipate Clyde asking for something to nib that's why I prepare packed meals, not just ordinary meals, I pack freshly sliced fruits like apples, grapes, oranges or any seasoned fruits (seasoned also translated to my mommy brain as cheapest), hard-boiled eggs, dried nuts and berries! I also toss a bunch of bananas and some crackers too.
Amazing Health Benefits of Fruits, Vegetables, Eggs and Nuts
- Contains immunity-boosting phytonutrients
- Produces infection-fighting white blood cells and antibodies
- Egg is a complete meal
- Nuts are good for the brain and heart
TIP: If you want to have fruit pops on the road, put your favorite fruit, in our case it's bananas/grapes, in the freezer overnight and grab them before you go.
4) Pack of toiletries - this includes but not limited to alcohol, wet wipes, small bottle of baby wash, a cut/small bar of soap, sanitizer, soft tissue, paper tissue, toothpicks, floss, cotton balls, earbuds and other basics like toothpaste and toothbrushes, sachets of shampoo, conditioner. To germaphobe like me, you see the unseen germs and bacteria laying around, and it's better to be safe. Guarding against germ spread and fighting it doesn't technically boost our immune system but it's a big help to reduce the stress on our child's immunity.
TIP: When you travel with toddlers and infant, a spray bottle of water and diluted baby wash is a must, especially for explosive poops. It will cool down baby's bottom and would feel squeaky clean that wet wipes can give.
5) Fern-C - Some of the many benefits of Vitamin C includes prevention of stroke but most of the vitamin C out there is acid based aka as Ascorbic Acid. Acidity of these vitamin may irritate the stomach and could only be taken after meals. Good thing there is Fern-C! For family on the run, Sodium Ascorbate which is an alkaline based vitamin C is more convenient because it can be taken on an empty stomach, does not cause stomach-aches and could quickly dissolved for faster body absorption.
Amazing Health Benefits Fern -C
- Non-acidic Vitamin C
- Potent Anti-Oxidant
- Faster Tissue Recovering
- Promotes healthy gums, teeth, bones and skin
- Fights stress
- Immune system booster
Find out more about Fern-C here:
Fern-C Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fernconline/
Fern-C Twitter: https://twitter.com/FERNCOnline
Fern-C Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ferncofficial/
Aside from this 5 boosting immunity tips, I also want to share that it is important to:
- Sleep as much as you can. Traffic? If you aren't behind the wheels (which means you'll be in charge of the food preparation, etc, etc later when you get there), sleep. A nap could be as powerful as charging your entire body to 100%, making you do more by 20% and could prevent you from stroke. Remember, sleep deprived are more susceptible to diseases because it reduces natural killer cells - the immune-system tiny soldiers that attacks foreign microbes, and kills irradical cells that could lead to cancer.
And to all moms out there, if you could help it
- Breastfeed your bub. Even the most expensive cow's milk out there doesn't have the turbo-charged immunity-enhancing antibodies and white blood cells that guards and fights against allergies, lung problems, stomach-flu, ear infection, UTI, even the infamous SIDS. Plus, it boosts not just the immunity but the brain-power! Breastfeed to supplement the immunity your baby.
Aside from checking your car, planning your itinerary and marking your calendar this holiday season, make sure your immunity is on red alert. Ready, on-guard and invulnerable. So you could bury the worry at the back of your mind while creating well-worth reminiscing experience and quality bonding time with the family without the fear of taking home illnesses for souvenirs.
For more information about Fern-C, visit their website here; http://fern-c.com/