Thursday, October 17, 2013

When It's A Boy

When you are a mother to a daughter, all things are usually shining, glittery and girly.
When you are a mother to a son, all things are always everywhere, dirty, disorganized and when you got more luck, it would be smelly too.
I love painting my face and Im used on dressing up. With a kiddo observing me doing makeup, I cringe - I cringe inside me every time! I always tell him that my liptube's for girls and he is a boy. I used to buy things in girly shades of pink and yellow and purple, now I'm considering a safer or say masculine shades such as dark green, moss green, deep blue, fiery reds and the neutrals black and white.
I bid my goodbyes to dolls and permanently get rid of kitchen playthings. I open my doors to different kinds of balls and airplanes and robots and cars.
I switch my heels to rubber shoes. Fancy tops to plain tees and sometimes my handbag to packs just so I could run after him and save him from whatever on the last seconds!
To make this post complete, I'll share to you my latest favorite article from ModernMom.com the...
5 Things I Never Thought I'd Have to Say
The other day I said “Don’t punch your weenies!” and as I walked away I thought, seriously…did I just say that?
When it comes to raising boys, I can’t believe I have to say these things but apparently you do.
Here are five things I never thought I would say...
1. “Put the mouse back in the house!” (If you have boys, you ALL know what I am referring to!)
2. “No, we do not eat boogies and they are not super delicious.” (This was a fun conversation in the car, when I can’t do anything about it.)
3. “Don’t lick your brother!” (Did my youngest son transform into a cat when I wasn’t looking?)
4. “Your tongue is not a replacement for a tissue!” (A common statement in our household during flu season, especially with my youngest, who has a crazy super long tongue.)
5. “Don’t pee in the bathtub!” (Since when did the bathtub become a replacement for the toilet when it is right next to it?!)
Ah..yes, the life of being a mom with boys. We are always on the lookout because we know anything is possible.
image
Babe's a year and a half old and I can't wait to see our own version of "things I never thought I would say" of course I would not leave you hanging because I would definitely share them with you!
And, to end this post I would also like to suggest to search the latest talk of the parenthood town in the web --- the silliest, most creepiest things children ever said to their parents - the articles and the comments were hilarious!
image
Enjoy them while their still young and want hugs and a kisses before they turn to rebellious teenies,
image
*looks for babe *picks him up on the bed *wet him with kisses and squeeze him with hugs
image
Mommy G.

No comments:

Post a Comment