Sunday, August 2, 2015

Halo SleepSack Swaddle

When Jerson Clyde was a nursling, (and as a new mom of a newborn), I fell asleep - and I said it as if it was a crime, and that time, that is what I felt. My boob where he is feeding covered his entire mouth and nose; he is breastfeeding and I fell asleep. I didn't feel his sucking and so I suddenly woke up and jerk Clyde because I felt he wasn't breathing. He is not breathing! He looks pale and so I blow his mouth with air - that was my first CPR. He sucked air back to his lungs and I let him cry his heart out. The rest was history, what I actually meant was, since then I am paranoid. I always jerk at night to see that my babies' faces are not covered, blocked; that they are still breathing, their tummies are moving - it freak the ship out of me, always.
Aside from that incident, I also used to put all the cute things inside Clyde's cradle and playpen. Wrong! Once I put his baby pillow standing on top of his head, I turned around and seconds later hear him muffling. It turns out, the pillow fall on his face. On his face! That also freak the dish out of me! Apparently, my experiences are not remote incidences - those were real horror stories of some parents who lost  their kids to SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).  Read more about SIDS here.
I learned about Halo SleepSack on a MommyMundo and Cordlife event's Baby, Bumps and Beyond wherein Ms. Ives Lim-Esteban, the very woman behind Halo Philippines presented the Halo SleepSack, information about SIDS and How to Safe Sleep Baby in easy ABC step!
  • Alone. In other terms, avoid bed-sharing. And if you can't help it for whatever reason, like me because of lack of space, breastfeeding and you just can't let the baby away from you, then just let the baby sleep between one adult, probably the breastfeeder aka mom and a wall. That's 50% less likely that an adult aka dad will squish the baby in bed when sleeping. If you are breastfeeding and a heavy sleeper, make sure you move away from baby after sleeping to make more space between the two of you.
  •  On their Back. Always place your baby to sleep on his back. - Logically, it is the best position for babies, who were still new at breathing, to sleep. Not on their tummies, not on either left or right sides, but on their back. Tummy time is important, but not when sleeping as it contributes to baby's difficulty in breathing.
  • In a bare Crib. With firm mattress and tight-fitting sheet. No toys or whatever. Bare. If you don't let the baby sleep on the crib, read the first bullet again. No toys or whatever also means no loose sheet. That is where Halo SleepSack enters.
The HALO SleepSack is a warm, cuddly blanket that babies can't kick off, ensuring baby sleeps soundly through the night. Therefore, in addition to sleeping safer, it helps babies sleep better too, thus promoting healthy physical, mental, and emotional development
Halo SleepSack wearable blanket is the only product that carries the gold seals from leading SIDS and safety organizations in the U.S. and Canada.
* Fist Candle SIDS Alliance
* Canadian Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths
* International Hip Dysplasia Institute
* Innovation Award for Consumer Safety - Home Safety Council Award
* iParenting Media Award
* Named #1 Must Have - Baby Years Magazine Top 10 Must Haves
HALO SleepSack Philippines
HALO SleepSack Philippines
Plus, Halo SleepSack is so fashion forward! ;)
For more information click here: http://halophilippines.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment