Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Wheatgrass

Gooda morning!!! Today I started my day right by waking up on the proper side of the bed (wherever that is) and a glass of this amazing powdered elixir of health - wheatgrass.
image
On rounding the Blogapalooza booths last Saturday, I chance upon the lady offering a cup full of green fluid for free. I mentally gulp, take the offer, brace myself for that "feeling" (my face blushing in green) and emptied the cup in one smooth gulp. The brain slowly register the taste and it surprised me. I try to re-live the taste and surprisingly, it is the same conclusion as my first - it was delicious. The maarte inside me grew small until it popped gone. I conquered my fear of the green fluid, the elixir of health - wheatgrass.
Sorry I hadn't got a single photo of the booth - I'm too occupied fighting my mental nemesis - of hating or avoiding every green edible, most especially in fluid form. I am too skeptical I admit. See that's the problem - skeptical when it comes to green and slave to everything that sparkle- which means fried and sugary when it comes to my food dictionary (and yes, diamond when it comes to stone although I haven't had a real  sparkling stone in real life!).
My recent food adventure was fun...
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
image
and I want to make an end to it, or maybe balance it out with Wheatgrass! <3
I just won half the battle though, the lady again ask me if I wanted to have my blood checked. I, who is not skilled of politely saying a determined NO, who was afraid of offending a friendly face offering a service, accepted the challenge with a light awkward nod, crooked smile on my lips, scrunching right eye, gaping mouth and greenish blush on my face. I saw the med representative poke the girl's finger with a yelp from her mouth and an ooze of fresh red blood from her pricked wound. My heart skip a long beat but I beat the inner maarte in me in pulp and remind myself that I'm used to needles - every Saturday afternoon I went down from Baguio to Manila to get intravenous medication that last the whole Sunday and then travel North every twilight Sunday because I'm taking Geology, 7:30am every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I even tried having a session of acupuncture with Dr. Quack because I have virus in my blood. An incompatibility of my biological parents' blood. A mild case of beta-thalassemia. (*whisper mode: that's another story. Sorry I tend to flab, I think I'm turning into a flubber. Remember Flubber movie with Robin Williams? Wait, what?)
Heart Surgery Case- PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
Blood Virus Case - mild BT (Beta - Thalassemia)
Medical City.  Circa 2008.
s
I shake my head (mostly mentally of course) to hear what the med representative is saying. She wants me to give her my hand. I gulp in air, give her my hand, close my eyes and hold my breath. Thuck... The needle penetrated my forefinger. Tore my flesh in an instant and oozed out a drop of fresh blood, or two. And it was done, it stings but at least it was over - the pain is less than a second and but the torture thinking about the pain last longer than that. I tend to re-live the pain (used to tend morbid feelings, sorry) but hey, I conquer my fear of needles. :P
My wheatgrass loot <3
image
Thought I completely won the battle, but my result told me otherwise. I have acidic blood, has uric crystals and I lack iron in my diet.
image
I need the elixir of health. (I decided I called it that, after reading and knowing what its powers are capable of doing. Elixir of health is the best noun-adjective I could think of). Introducing The elixir of life - wheatgrass. After two days and a night of learning about Wheatgrass I concluded...
IG post: #reading my way to sleep with #wheatgrass. On the blog later. Stay tuned.
I need the  elixir of life - wheatgrass, because I have rouleaux - red blood cell stacked that resemble that of scattered pile of coins. My blood is acidic because I swim in a pool of black brewed or instant coffee three to four times a day. I need wheatgrass because it is hailed as the "King of Alkaline Foods" which is the opposite of acid in Chemistry.
I need the  elixir of life - wheatgrass, because I have target cells - donut shaped red blood cell that indicates lack of iron in my diet.  I breastfeed and the babe is actually getting my body's Iron, hence the deficiency. I need wheatgrass because it is a  "superfood" that nourishes the body with 13 vitamins, 10 minerals and a whooping 17 amino acids!
I need the  elixir of life - wheatgrass, because I have uric acid crystals - knife-shaped crystals that are formed in the plasma or liquid portion of the blood which is the result of too much nuts, beans and organ meat intake. Excuse my love for papaitang kambing and my hoarding of cashew nuts for I once read it removes fat in the body!  I need wheatgrass because it cleanses the body with fiber, antioxidants and enzymes!
image
Today, I woke up on the right side of bed and drink my wheatgrass honey. See, I still have my favorite palabok and queensland butter, but at least I have my wheatgrass in my tummy too.
Still skeptical. I think this would change your mind as it did to me the moment I read it!
One glass of Wheatgrass C.A.N. is equivalent to ten kilos of vegetables!
Run to Wheatgrass facebook page to know more, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment